Libby and Overdrive (both made by Overdrive) offer the same content; you can even use both apps and your loans will sync across your devices.
If you have a newer smartphone, tablet, Kindle Fire, or newer computer, give Libby a try! If you have an eReader like a Nook or a Kindle Paperwhite, use an older computer, or want additional features like a wishlist or additional language support, try the original Overdrive.
- Can use with newer devices, but also supports older ereaders like Kindles and Nooks and old and new PCs.
- Can stream video (in addition to eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines)
- Smartphones, tablets, Kindle Fires, Windows or Mac PCs: download the app from Overdrive, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, or iTunes; follow prompts to access the Front Range Downloadable Library and link it to your Lafayette, Colorado Library card. Tip: Have it remember your card number.
- Kindle Paperwhites or other eReaders: navigate on your device to Front Range Downloadable Library (https://frontrange.overdrive.com), select a title to borrow, then follow steps to log in using your Lafayette Library card. (Don’t choose option to make an Overdrive account; use Library card option, and click choice to have it remember your card number.
- Alternate option for ereaders - do the borrowing step above on a PC, and select option to send the loan to your Kindle device.
- Use Overdrive from a web browser (or download the program to a PC to use materials offline)
- Overdrive Device Help
- Overdrive Help
Libby (by Overdrive)
- Best option for newer devices. Use with devices running iOS 9+, Android 4.4+, Windows 10 (desktops/tablets/mobile)
- Does not stream video, only eAudiobooks, eBooks, and eMagazines.
Sora (by Overdrive)
- Students at many local schools can borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks from their own school libraries, as well as by connecting their Sora account with their Lafayette Library account to use the Front Range Downloadable Library.
- Ask your school how to link your Sora app to your school’s offerings. To download Library content, get the app, and choose Add a Library. Search for Front Range Downloadable Library, enter your library card number, and you are set!
- No card? No problem! Call us at 303-661-1163 and we will make you a library card over the phone and mail it to you!
- Sora Getting Started guide