City of Lafayette Payment Arrangement Policy
All Payment Arrangements must be requested via email to our Utility Billing Coordinator at email@example.com.
- A Payment Arrangement can be made for an account if the account is more than 30 days past due.
- An arrangement will not exclude the account from being assessed the $10 late fee.
- Three payment arrangements are allowed per year and will be due up to two weeks after the arrangement is made.
- If a payment arrangement or any part of a payment arrangement fails, no further arrangements will be allowed for the calendar year.
- Arrangements are always due on Wednesday and must be for the full amount due on the account at that time. If a new bill has been generated that is not due yet, that is not included in the full balance due.
- If payment in full is not received by 5 pm on Wednesday the arrangement is due, service will be disconnected at 8 am the following morning with no further notice.
- A shut-off/turn-on fee will be assessed in the amount of $35 for customers inside city limits and $70 for customers outside city limits.
- To have service reconnected, the Full Balance due on the account must be paid. Any balance incurred after the late notice was issued, except for the disconnection fees, does not need to be paid to have the service reconnected.
- Checks will not be accepted for accounts that have been disconnected.
- Payments can be made online at lafayetteco.gov or over the phone at 303-665-5588 option 1 using a debit or credit card. Residents can also come to City Hall Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to make a payment with cash, money order, cashier's check, or with a debit or credit card.