Lafayette Public Library, in conjunction with the Flatirons Library Consortium (FLC), has rejoined the Prospector union catalog for interlibrary loans. When we participated in Prospector in years past, more than 98% of item requests were still fulfilled by our own collections or those of our partner libraries within the Flatirons Consortium. Nevertheless, participating in Prospector allows Lafayette Library customers to request items from over 200 academic, public, and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming, granting access to more than 30 million books, journals, DVDs, CDs, videos, and electronic materials.
How to Find Prospector Items
- Do a search in our catalog first to find items across the FLC.
- At the bottom of each page of search results, you will see the Prospector graphic, and a button labeled "See more results in Prospector."
- That button launches your search in Prospector, displaying results from all of the other affiliated libraries.
- To request an item, select button “Request It” when you find the item.
- Enter your name and Lafayette Library card number, and select Alliance: Lafayette Public Library from the drop-down list. We will call or email when your item is delivered here.
- Check on your item: log into your Library account, and you will see the request in your list of holds.
Let us know if you’d like a quick demonstration on using Prospector - we’ll help you access almost any item you need!