Lafayette Public Library and our partner Marmot Network libraries use the Prospector union catalog for items from around Colorado and some areas outside the state. Most item requests are able to be fulfilled by our collection and those of our partners, Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville, and Loveland.
Prospector allows Lafayette Library customers to request items from over 200 academic, public, and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming, granting access to more than 30 million books, journals, DVDs, CDs, videos, and electronic materials. An additional resource accessible from within Prospector, called Mobius, extends our reach even further out of state.
How to Find Prospector Items
- Do a search in our catalog first to find items across our Marmot area partner libraries.
- At the bottom of each page of search results, you will see the Prospector graphic, and a button labeled "See more results in Prospector."
- That button launches your search in Prospector, displaying results from all of the other affiliated libraries.
- If there are no results that work for you, use the button on the left navigation to search Mobius.
- From Prospector results or Mobius results: To request an item, select button “Request It” when you find the item.
- Enter your name and Lafayette Library card number, and select Alliance: Lafayette Public Library from the drop-down list. We will call or email when your item is delivered here.
- Check on your item: log into your Library account, and you will see the request in your list of holds.
Let us know if you’d like a quick demonstration on using Prospector - we’ll help you access almost any item you need!
Help! It wasn't in Marmot, Prospector, or Mobius. Now what?
Send us an Item Request, and we will see what we can do! You can find this form on our website under Browse & Find under Ask a Librarian, or in our Catalog under the Contact Us choices.