Occasional Sales

For single sales such as a yard sale, a sales tax license is not required but the sales tax should be remitted on a letter to the City of Lafayette stating that you had "a one time sale in the City of Lafayette for $___ and here is the tax of $___". If there are more than two occasional sales in the city, a license would be required.

Send the letter and the tax to City of Lafayette – Sales Tax, 1290 S Public Road, Lafayette, CO 80026.