Join Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission
There are no current openings on the Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission. Future openings will be posted here, and will also be listed on the City of Lafayette Volunteer page. Thank you for your interest in serving our community! View other ways to get involved:
- City of Lafayette volunteer opportunities (includes vacancies for other boards, commissions, and committees)
The Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC) promotes, nurtures, and celebrates the visual, performing, and language arts by providing opportunities for the public to appreciate and enjoy art in its various forms.
- The seven members serve three-year terms. One member serves as a member of LCAC and PAC and acts as a liaison between the two groups. There are two alternate members.
- Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at The Collective Community Arts Center, 201 N. Public Road.
Members are expected to:
- Advocate for the broad spectrum of cultural arts in Lafayette: advise City Council and the Arts and Cultural Resources Director by developing goals and objectives for Department programming, goals and objectives; and provide leadership for the Lafayette arts community
- Encourage an interdisciplinary approach to cultural arts across Lafayette groups, organizations and businesses
- Take leadership for at least one arts and/or cultural program or event each year
- Solicit and evaluate Art in Education and/or Art in Community grant applications; and serve as a liaison to concretely assist several successful grantees with venues, inclusivity, publicity, evaluation, etc.
- Assist with and/or attend LCAC, Public Art Committee, ARTS!Lafayette, and LCAC grantees' events
- Hold outside meetings with individuals and groups as needed
- Participate in professional development in the arts, boards, and diversity through readings, events, and/or discussion
- Reach out to underserved populations in our community to broaden access and participation.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
The Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC) looks for residents who want to plan, assist, advocate for, and participate in the cultural arts. A commissioner does not have to be an artist. One must believe that the spectrum of cultural arts is an important part of what makes Lafayette vital and special and want to commit time to that idea. We also seek to reach under-served populations in Lafayette and hope you can assist us in those goals.
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, contact Rachel Hanson, Arts & Cultural Program Manager (phone: 303-661-1260).
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online after the deadline for a position has passed. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.