Thank you for your interest in Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC) and Public Art Committee (PAC) Arts Mini-Grants. These grants only support arts and/or culture-related projects. Before applying please read our Vision & Mission, Goals, Objectives, and Grants Comparison Guide at the bottom of the page. The more closely your grant request fits our vision and mission, meets goals and objectives, and aligns with the guide, the more likely your project will be funded.
Arts in Community
The Arts in Community Grant
for 2022 is closed.
- Arts in Community Grant 2022 Timeline
- 2022 Arts in Community Grant Overview and Guidelines
- Arts in Community Grant Final Report Form
- Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission Logo
Arts in Education
The Arts in Education Grant for
2021-2022 is closed.
- 2021-2022 Arts in Education Grant Timeline
- 2021-2022 Arts in Education Grant Overview and Guidelines
- Arts in Education Grant Final Report Form
LCAC works to develop Lafayette as a creative district with a unique cultural arts identity founded on the City's rich history and progressing into the contemporary cultural climate.
To promote, nurture, and celebrate the visual, performing, and language arts in Lafayette by connecting artists, building partnerships, and enhancing and supporting diversity.
We do this by:
Providing resources; building capacity; creating infrastructure; and promoting programming.
Goal 1: To support and develop new community capacity for high quality arts and cultural programming.
Goal 2: To increase public infrastructure that enhances the cultural arts identity for Lafayette.
Goal 3: Promote arts and cultural programming to benefit Lafayette citizens and to attract external audience participation to drive visitors and improve livability within the City.
Objective 1: Grow the funding available from the Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC) to support local cultural arts efforts.
Objective 2: Build the capacity of local arts, education and cultural organizations to provide quality activities, events, and programming in Lafayette.
Objective 3: Improve infrastructure and enhance cultural arts identity by utilizing both permanent and temporary public art installations.
*Arts in Community
**Arts in Education
***Public Art Grant
* Artists and arts organizations may apply for a grant to support arts and/or culture-related projects. Projects should have some community benefit or organizational benefit to the individuals it serves. Projects that fund the artistic practice of one individual will not be funded unless there is a strong case made for public, community benefit.
** Teachers in Lafayette schools may apply for a grant to support arts-related projects with local students. All applicants must be affiliated with a K-12 school within the official boundaries of the City of Lafayette. All projects must directly benefit students at the designated school.
*** Artists may apply for a grant to support a visual art project in Lafayette at a location that is clearly visible and accessible to the public.