The City of Lafayette conducts regular elections on the first Tuesday in November, and coordinates with Boulder County for municipal elections. All Colorado elections are conducted by mail ballot. The City Clerk serves as the election official.
For all details regarding voter registrations and ballots, please refer to the Boulder County Coordinated Election Information website.
Lafayette Election Contact Information
For all details regarding voter registration, ballots, and general election information, please refer to the Boulder County Election website.
Notice of Election:
Join LYAC and the League of Women Voters to discuss local issues with City Council candidates before the upcoming election. These forums will include questions posed to candidates in a panel discussion format.
- Oct. 6, 2021 at 6:30pm (rescheduled) - hosted by the Lafayette Youth Advisory Commission. This will be a virtual meeting. Public will be able to view the forum live on Comcast Channel 8 and Streaming Video. A recorded version will be available on the streaming video webpage under the City Council archive tab.
The Youth Advisory Commission is seeking your input. Submit your questions or topic for the Candidate Forum. LYAC will review proposed candidate questions and topics. Not all questions or topics will be used. Deadline for submission is Sept. 10, 2021.
- Oct. 12, 2021 at 6pm - hosted by the League of Women Voters. Registration is recommended. Register to receive the meeting link, or join the event live. The forum will be live-streamed and available for later viewing on the LWVBC YouTube Channel. Submit a question for the candidates.
League of Women Voters
Candidate and Committee Information and Forms
- Candidate Booklet - dates and information for Council Candidates
- Issue Committee Booklet - dates and information for Issue Committees
Campaign Finance Forms
- New Committee Registration
- Candidate Statement of Non-Receipt of Contributions & Non-Expenditure of Funds
- Statement of Personal Expenditures by a Candidate
- Report of Contributions and Expenditures
View the Boulder County Voter Service and Polling Center Website for all Boulder County polling locations, voter registration information, and additional voter resources.
Sign up for Boulder County Ballot Track so you know when your ballot has been safely received for counting.
Visit the Boulder County Ballot Drop Off and Polling Location Website to view all;
• 24-hour ballot drop-boxes
• Drive-by ballot drop-off locations
• Voter Service and Polling Center (in-person voting)
Lafayette Voter Service & Polling Center
Southeast County Services Hub
1755 S. Public Road | Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday, Oct. 25. - Friday, Oct. 29: 8am-6pm
Saturday, Oct. 30: 9am-1pm
Monday, Nov. 1: 8am-6pm
Election Day - Tuesday, Nov. 2:7am-7pm
24-Hour Ballot Drop Box
Lafayette Public Library
775 W. Baseline Road | Lafayette, CO 80026
Open 24 hours starting Oct. 8 until 7pm on Election Day