Need free internet away from the Library?
Lafayette residents ages 17 or older with a valid Lafayette Library card may borrow hotspots.
By connecting your phone, tablet, or computer to our T-Mobile hotspots, you can enjoy unlimited use of the internet. The hotspot is portable and lightweight; browse, stream, and stay connected anywhere there is T-Mobile coverage. The battery lasts up to 48 hours on standby or up to eight hours during continuous use. Connect up to 15 devices at the same time.
To place holds, visit lafayetteco.gov/LibraryHotspots or inquire at the green Information/Safety desk in the Lobby.
- Eligibility: Lafayette residents ages 17 and older with valid Lafayette Library card.
- Checkout length: seven days - no renewals.
- Quantity: one hotspot per card.
- Hotspots become inactive if not returned.
- Overdue hotspots do not provide Wi-Fi access.
- Late fines are not collected for overdue devices.
- Lost or damaged items: $115
- Replacement hotspots not accepted in lieu of fee.
- Please return case with hotspot and charger to a service desk in the Lobby.
- Please note that these special items need extra care upon check in and may not be available for up to 48 hours after returning.
Not a Lafayette resident?
Most libraries in our area offer hotspot loans to residents of their city or district, and all Colorado residents are entitled to free membership at any Colorado library. Stop by your local library or its website to find this service.
Using your borrowed hotspot
- Turn on the hotspot and your Wi-Fi-enabled device. If the hotspot doesn't turn on, you may need to charge it.
- Open the Wi-Fi application or settings on your device.
- Find the hotspot's Wi-Fi name (SSID) and enter the password to connect to the internet. Note: the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password display appear on the LCD display of the hotspot.
The Library is not responsible for damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of device. The Library is not responsible for information accessed using this device or for personal information that is shared over the internet. By borrowing and initiating use of the Library’s hotspot, the user agrees to abide by the Library’s policies and rules and agrees to hold the Library and its agents harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, obligations, or liabilities, directly or indirectly, relating to the use of the Library’s hotspot and internet access provided by the Library. Deliberate altering of any files or modifying the configuration of Library-owned equipment is strictly prohibited.