The Planning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council on land use issues such as rezoning, subdivisions, planned unit developments, special use reviews, and site and architectural plan reviews. Two members of the Commission also serve as liaisons to the Lafayette Open Space Advisory Committee and Historic Preservation Board.
- 6:00 pm on the 4th Tuesday and the following Wednesday of each month
- Starting in May 2021, Planning Commission will meet the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm
- City Council Chambers or via Zoom, 1290 S. Public Road, Lafayette, CO 80026
Information for Resident Comments
- There is a 3 minute time limit when addressing the Planning Commissioner for public comments during a Public Hearing and for "Items from the Public not on the Agenda."
- Two to four members of the public may choose to "pool" their comment time by designating one speaker. Each resident is required to be in attendance at the meeting and approach the podium along with the designated speaker. Groups are asked to sign up with the staff planner and submit any electronic presentation materials by noon the day prior to the meeting. Please refer to the "Resident's Guide to the Planning Commission" below for additional details.
- 2 residents pooling speaking time are allocated 5 minutes
- 3 residents pooling speaking time are allocated 8 minutes
- 4 residents pooling speaking time are allocated 10 minutes
- View Resident's Guide to the Planning Commission
- View the Planning Commission Bylaws
|Name||Title||Term Ending Date|
|Joseph Smith||Vice Chair||06/30/2024|
|Jana Easley||Staff Liaison||n/a|