Site plan/architectural reviews are required for all developments prior to the issuance of a building permit. All development consisting of five or more residential dwelling units, any commercial or industrial land use, and any development on five or more lots or parcels of land require review by both the Planning Commission and City Council. All other site and architectural plans require review by Planning staff.
- 1. Schedule a pre-application meeting
- Prior to developing in the City of Lafayette, please schedule a pre-application meeting. Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) and Special Use Reviews require a pre-application conference. Pre-applications conferences are optional for other types of projects; however, we recommend meeting with staff prior to submitting most land use applications. The meeting will provide direction on necessary applications, plan sets, studies, the process, and a general timeline.
- Please complete the Pre-Application Conference Form
- 2. Complete an application
- Complete an application for each type needed. For example, if you need a Site Plan/Architectural Review and Special Use Review, you will need both applications.
- 3. Submit completed application form(s) and all supplemental information to email@example.com
- All plan submittals must be done electronically. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- All plans and supporting documents should be in separate PDF files with descriptive names.
- Large plans can be submitted through Dropbox or a similar FTP site via a link from that site.
- Submittals are accepted every Wednesday to enter the review cycle the following week.
Related Applications / Forms
Pertinent Code Sections
- Section 26-16 Review Procedures
- Section 26-16-7 Site Plan and Architectural Review
- Section 26-16-7.1 Site Plan / Architectural Review Criteria
- Section 26-17 Application Requirements
- Section 26-19.5 Landscaping