Land Use Applications & Checklists
Process for submitting pre-application requests and Land Use applications
- Pre-Application Meeting. Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) and Special Use Reviews require a pre-application conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-661-1270 to schedule a meeting. Pre-applications conferences are optional for other types of projects; however, we recommend meeting with staff prior to submitting most land use applications. The meeting will provide direction on necessary applications, plan sets, studies, the process, and general timeline.
Pre-application meetings are held Thursday afternoons. We must have concept-level plans (site plan, building elevations) and narrative describing the use at least 2 weeks prior to the meeting.
Complete an application for each type needed. For example, if you will need a Site Plan/Architectural Review and Special Use Review, you will need both applications.
Contact email@example.com to request an invoice prior to payment.
- Submit completed application form(s) and all supplemental information to firstname.lastname@example.org. All plan submittals must be done electronically. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- All plans and supporting documents should be in separate PDF files with descriptive names.
- Large plans can be submitted through Dropbox or a similar FTP site via a link from that site.
- Submittals are accepted through the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month.
Land Use applications and checklists
- Annexation Review Application (PDF)
- Annexation Petition (PDF)
- Annexation Timeline (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Specific Amendment (PDF)
- Deannexation Review Application (PDF)
- Final Plan / Final PUD Review Application (PDF)
- Lafayette Urban Renewal Architectural Review Application (PDF) - Design review and approval is required for all exterior changes to properties within the Lafayette Urban Renewal District. Use this form to apply for approval for your exterior change or modification.
- Minor Subdivision Review Application (PDF)
- Neighborhood Meeting Notice Instructions (PDF)
- Virtual Neighborhood Meeting Guidelines (PDF)
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Amendment (PDF)
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Review Application(PDF)
- Planning Application Fee Schedule (PDF) - Determine the fees associated with your development application.
- Pre-Application Conference Form (PDF) - A pre-application conference with the Community Development Department is required prior to submitting a formal application for development.
- Preliminary Plan / PUD Review Application
- Rezoning Review Application (PDF)
- Site Plan Architectural Review Application (PDF)
- Sketch Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Special Use Review Application (PDF)
- Request for EligibleFacilities Application (PDF)
- Wireless Communications Facilities Review Application (PDF)
- Vacation Review Application (PDF)
- Variance Review Application
- Vested Rights Application (PDF)
- Floodplain Development Permit (PDF)
- Prairie Dog Special Permit Application (PDF)
- Prairie Dog Control Permit Application (PDF)
- Oil and Gas Registration Application (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Demolition Review Application (PDF)