Join the Sustainability and Resilience Advisory Committee! To apply read the position information on this page, and submit your application, resume, and a letter of interest.
- Deadline: : January 3, 2024 by 5pm or until filled . Applications will generally be accepted at any time and will be considered by City Council.
- Apply online now (resume/letter will need to be in PDF format to upload)
- Or, download the printable application: return it, along with your resume and letter, to Elizabeth Szorad, Sustainability Manager, Lafayette City Hall, 1290 S. Public Road, Lafayette CO 80026.
The Sustainability and Resilience Advisory Committee is appointed by City Council to advise on environmental policies, issues, activities, events, and impacts pertaining to sustainability and environmental resilience, including but not limited to those relating to accessibility, adaptation to climate change, resource conservation, urban development, buildings, greenhouse gas emissions, transportation, energy, air quality, water, and waste reduction for the benefit of all residents.
- The nine members serve two-year terms. There are two alternate positions.
- Members are limited to serving two full consecutive terms, then must reapply for membership two or more years after completion of their second term.
- Meeting schedule will be determined at the first annual retreat for the Advisory Committee in January 2023.
Members are expected to:
- Support Lafayette’s goal to progress sustainability and environmental resiliency in our community in the areas of but not limited to those relating to accessibility, adaptation to climate change, resource conservation, urban development, buildings, greenhouse gas emissions, transportation, energy, air quality, water, and waste reduction.
- Attend monthly meetings regularly
- Support local government initiatives to support local action and policy advocacy
- Participate in program development and outreach campaigns for sustainability, environmental resilience, and other programs.
- Help to define Sustainability goals and objectives as necessary
- Evaluate program opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other City Boards, Commissions and Departments
- Contribute 5-10 hours per month
- Share in duties of members including note taking
- Review and follow policy guidelines and governing documents
Desired Qualifications or Interests
- Enthusiasm to support Lafayette’s goal to progress sustainability and environmental resilience
- Knowledge of sustainability and environmental resilience practices
- Knowledge of Sustainability Plans and planning
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online for open positions and candidates currently being considered. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.