Library Reopening Details
The Lafayette Public Library has reopened. Feel free to browse, find a table to read, use a computer (appointments recommended), and check out your hold items at the Express Check machines.
- To make an appointment to use a public computer, please call 303-661-1162.
- Customers at risk for severe illness from COVID-19 may utilize our Curbside Pickup service.
La Biblioteca Pública de Lafayette y esta abierta. Esto permitirá a la comunidad explorar la colección, recoger materiales en el vestíbulo, y usar las computadoras con cita previa. No se require máscara si está completamente vacunado (lleva dos semanas desde que recibió su segunda dosis de la vacuna).
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10am-7pm
Friday and Saturday: 10am-5pm
Updated Boulder County Health Order
(Effective May 20, 2021) Boulder County Public Health recommends that all individuals age two+ years who have not been fully vaccinated should continue to practice physical social distancing of six feet, handwashing, and wearing of Face Coverings whenever near members of other households who are not fully vaccinated. BCPH recommends that children under age two years should maintain six feet of distance from members of other households who have not yet been fully vaccinated when outside of childcare or other school settings.
What to expect:
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated patrons (patrons two weeks past the second round of vaccination) in accordance with Boulder County's Mask Ordinance.
- Observe physical distancing and remain 6 feet from other visitors and staff.
- Staff regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, and copiers. Computers are cleaned between each use. Restrooms will be cleaned at more frequent intervals.
- Copier, scanner, and computers are self-service only; staff can offer assistance from a distance. The self-service copier is operated with a coin/cash vending device. Printing at public computers is free, to a maximum 20 pages.
- Public computer availability is limited to allow patrons and staff to remain six feet apart. Make a computer reservation ahead of time by calling 303-661-1162; drop-ins are welcome subject to availability. Staff are able to provide limited computer help at this time.
During your Library visit, you can:
- Pick up holds at our Lobby desk.
- Browse the collections.
- Use self-service Express Checkout machines and service desks.
- Make one 60-minute reservation for computer use per day and print up to 20 free pages. Call 303-661-1162 to make your reservation. Drop-ins are welcome subject to availability. Headsets are not provided but earbuds may be purchased.
- Use the self-service copy machine.
- Charge your phone or mobile devices.
- Use public restrooms and drinking fountains.
- Request magazines and newspapers from staff until they become available for browsing.
The following services, items, or areas remain unavailable at this time.
- use of meeting or study rooms
- Studio 775 Mini-Makerspace
- snack vending machine
- The Homework Center
- public phones