Library Reopening Details
The Lafayette Public Library has reopened. Feel free to browse, find a table to read, use a computer (no appointments needed), check out your hold items at the Express Check machines, or reserve a free study room or fee-based event space.
- We are no longer requiring appointments for computer use. For computer use questions, please call 303-661-1162.
- Customers at risk for severe illness from COVID-19 may utilize our Curbside Pickup service.
La Biblioteca Pública de Lafayette y esta abierta. Esto permitirá a la comunidad explorar la colección, recoger materiales en el vestíbulo, y usar las computadoras sin cita previa.
Updated Boulder County Health Order
(Effective Sept. 3, 2021)
To support the safety of all the community members, including children who are not eligible for vaccination, Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) issued Public Health Order 2021-08:
Mask wearing required in all indoor public spaces for all individuals 2 years and older regardless of vaccination status.
The Lafayette Public Library will comply with this order starting at 5pm on Sept. 3.
For more information, please visit: Boulder County Public Health Order 2021-08
What to expect:
- Masks are required for individuals 2 years of age or older in all indoor public spaces regardless of vaccination status in accordance with Boulder County's Mask Ordinance.
- Observe physical distancing and remain 6 feet from other visitors and staff.
- Staff regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, and copiers. Computers are cleaned between each use. Restrooms will be cleaned at more frequent intervals.
- Copier, scanner, and computers are self-service only; staff can offer assistance from a distance. The self-service copier is operated with a coin/cash vending device. Printing at public computers is free, to a maximum 20 pages, for a limited time during our reopening phase.
- Public computer availability is limited to allow patrons and staff to retain some social distancing. At this time, we are no longer making reservations. For questions on computer use, you may call 303-661-1162. Staff are able to provide limited computer help at this time.
During your Library visit, you can:
- Pick up holds at our Lobby desk.
- Browse the collections.
- Use self-service Express Checkout machines and service desks.
- Use a public computer on a drop-in basis for 60 minutes daily, and print up to 20 free pages. Headsets are not provided but earbuds may be purchased.
- Use the self-service copy machine.
- Make a free study room booking or reserve a fee-based event space.
- Charge your phone or mobile devices.
- Use public restrooms and drinking fountains.
- Request magazines and newspapers from staff until they become available for browsing.
- Use the snack vending machine on the Upper Level.
- Attend in-person programs subject to registration or occupancy requirements as noted in the event details.
- Use the public telephone located on the Upper Level.