- Boards, Commissions & Committees
Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Lafayette residents can volunteer to help guide the City by serving on boards, commissions, and committees. Each group studies information in specific areas and make recommendations to the City Council on issues within their area of expertise.
Agendas & Minutes
- View all agendas, minutes, and draft minutes
- Note: Adobe Reader may be required to view some documents. You can download Adobe Reader for free
Mon, Apr 3
Tue, Apr 4
Wed, Apr 5
- Resident of the City of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
Exceptions: individuals under eighteen who have been residents of the city for at least one year or who attend a middle or high school located in the City, may be appointed to the Lafayette Youth Advisory Committee (LYAC). There is also no residency requirement to serve on the Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority (LURA).
About the process
- New openings are posted on the board's web pages, advertised in both City and volunteer news categories.
- Applicants apply online or via a paper or emailed application. Selected applicants will be invited by the nominating committee to interview. City Council affirms the selections.
- All information provided by candidates is subject to the Colorado Open Records Act. The City of Lafayette posts online portions of candidate applications (with personal information redacted) for open positions and candidates currently being considered.
- Exception: applicant information for the LYAC will not be posted
- View redacted candidate information for open positions
Find additional ways to be involved by visiting the City of Lafayette volunteer page.