Reduced Rate Program
Reduced fees are available for youth by 50% for activities, sponsored by the Recreation Department, as well as reduce the daily admission fee by 50%. The Reduced Rate Program is available to all Lafayette residents who are on one of the following programs:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, TANF
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, SNAP (formerly known as the Food Stamp)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, WIC
- Free lunch or the National School Lunch Program, NSLP
- Supplemental Social Security Income, SSI or SSD
- Section 8 or Public Housing
- Child Health Plan Plus, CHP+
Complete the online application
If you are on one of the programs listed above, fill out the reduced rate application form and attach proof of eligibility for the program. You can either mail the application with proof of eligibility or bring it to the Recreation Center. Applications will not be processed without the required documentation copy of identification or assigned Lawful Presence Affidavit, included in the Reduced Rate Application.
- Reduced Rate Application
- Marque aquí para descargar las formas para el programa reducido de la tarifa.
Note: Medicaid cards will no longer be accepted as proof of Medicaid. If you are a Medicaid recipient. You can include documentation from Medicaid stating the eligibility dates for this program.
Applications 18 years and older must provide
Proof of documents will need to be provided at the time of application:
- ID (one of these):
- Colorado Driver’s License
- Colorado Identification Card
- U.S. Military Card
- Native American Tribal document
- Sign the Lawful Presence Affidavit, included in the Reduced Rate Application
Once the application has been approved, the youth listed on the application will be entitled to a one-half (50 percent) reduction in the resident fee for a selected class or program. Fees must be paid at the time of registration. If you register and pay for a class before your reduced rate is approved, refunds or household credits will not be given.
- This eligibility is good for one calendar year - January through December. There is no need to re-apply for reduced rates each time a brochure is published.
- The family is responsible for any outside materials or equipment not supplied by the program.
- Classes that are offered on a contractual basis through the City of Lafayette are not eligible for the reduced rate. If you have questions regarding this please contact the Recreation Center at 303-665-0469.
- No single child can receive more than $100 in fee reductions per calendar year. The remaining funds are not transferable to any other child.
- Families that are approved for reduced rates for programs will be notified through the mail. This letter will explain the procedure for using this program.
- The reduced rate money allotted to each child for the year or for the remaining portion of the year will be prorated based on the date the application is received by the Recreation and Facility Management Department.
Please refer to the prorated schedule listed below:
- Winter/Spring - $100- Applications must be received by April 30
- Summer - $75 - Applications must be received by June 30
- Fall - $50 - Applications must be received by September 30
The City of Lafayette offers a reduced rate plan for those Lafayette residents who apply for assistance and meet Social Services criteria (programs listed above).
Eligible residents will be able to use the Recreation Center & The Great Outdoors Waterpark for half of the daily admission fee. Review the applications on this page or stop by the Recreation Center. These applications may be turned in throughout the year. The reduced rate is good through the calendar year. Applicants must apply each year for this program.