Lafayette Library cardholders who live in Lafayette are eligible for free admission to participating Denver and Boulder area institutions through the Library’s Museum Pass program.
Update for 2021:
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there are fewer participating institutions. This page will be updated when and if museums are added. Hours may vary, so check all reservation information carefully, or visit the institution's website for updates.
- Available to Lafayette cardholders who live in Lafayette.
- Book your reservation online using a valid adult’s Lafayette Library card number.
- Each pass covers two or more visitors. See pass information for details.
- You may reserve one pass per card in a 30-day period subject to availability (unless noted in the details below).
- If you need help booking, or to cancel your booking within 48 hours of your ticketed date, please contact us online.
- To manage or delete your booking up to 48 hours prior: Select Reserve a Pass, enter your Lafayette Library card number, and click on the My Passes button.
Confluence Small Business Collective
Free weekday access for one person (up to four times per year)
Location: 75 Waneka Parkway, Lafayette, CO 80026
Hours: Typically Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; closed Saturday and Sunday to non-members.; COVID-19 hours and rules may differ.
Website: Confluence Small Business Collective
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Free admission for a group of up to seven people; special pricing for paid exhibits
From wildlife displays to virtual reality, dinosaurs to space travel, health science to geology, the permanent and rotating interactive exhibits, IMAX movies and planetarium shows, the DMNS offers visitors unique and fun ways to learn about science, history, and the natural world.
Location: 2001 Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO 80205
- Admission to the Museum is covered by the Library pass; however, many temporary exhibitions require an additional paid, timed ticket for entry to that exhibition.
- After you book your pass through the Library, you do not need to contact the museum to set up your visit. On the day of your reservation, simply visit the Ticketing Desk upon arrival at the Museum and present your pass for entry. There is a timed entry every 20 minutes.
- The IMAX and Planetarium are open with limited seating. Please call 303-370-6306 to purchase tickets.
Requirements: Face coverings are encouraged for unvaccinated people over age 10, optional otherwise. The Museum recommends that you reserve a free, timed ticket for general admission. Beginning June 1, separate timed tickets will no longer be required for children ages 0-2, for "Space Odyssey" or for "Discovery Zone." The "Discovery Zone" will still have play times to allow for cleaning breaks.
Hours: Closed December 25; Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-9pm, and Saturday/Sunday 9am-5pm.
Website: Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Fiske Planetarium (CU Boulder)
Exchange pass for up to four tickets to educational programming on available days
Located on the CU-Boulder campus, the Fiske planetarium offers full-dome films, star talks, live talks, laser and liquid sky shows, concerts, and special live events, as well as hosting large public gatherings during astronomical and NASA-related events.
Location: 2414 Regent Drive, Boulder, CO 80309
Hours: Visit website for hours and restrictions; only certain shows are included in the pass.
Website: Fiske Planetarium
Virtual Exhibits and activities: Astronomy Info, Art at Fiske
Museo de Las Americas
Free admission for up to four people
Located in the heart of the Art District on Santa Fe, Museo de las Americas is the premier Latin American art museum in the Rocky Mountain region. The museum is dedicated to educating the community through collecting, preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting the diverse arts and cultures of Latin America, from ancient to contemporary, through innovative exhibitions and programs.
Location: 861 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO
- Admission to the Museum is covered by the Library pass.
- After you book your pass through the Library, head to www.museo.org to reserve your timed tickets. Select what day and time you’d like, then use the code: LafayetteLibrary at checkout for free admission. Questions? Call 303-571-4401.
Requirements: Face coverings are encouraged for unvaccinated people over age 10, optional otherwise. The Museum recommends that you reserve a free, timed ticket for general admission. Children under 12 do not need a ticket.
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from noon-6pm.
Website: Museo de las Americas
Museum of Contemporary Art Denver
Free admission for up to four adults. (Visitors under 18 always receive free admission.)
Located in the LoDo section of Denver, the MCA Denver has multiple galleries and educational/lecture spaces, and rotating contemporary art exhibits.
Location: 1485 Delgany Street, Denver, CO 80202
Special hours and instructions: Call museum for special hours; some days are free while some require a pass. Timed tickets still need to be reserved for entry into the museum. Library pass users MUST call MCA Denver at 303-298-7544 to reserve their timed tickets and mention they are using a library pass through Lafayette Public Library. Please visit the website for current seasonal hours of operation.
Website: MCA Denver
Parking note: Validated parking is available in the parking garage across 15th Street for $6 for two hours; validation is available at the museum front desk. After 4pm and on weekends, parking is $5 with no validation required. Limited meter parking available on Delgany Street.