About the Program
Lafayette Library cardholders who live in Lafayette are eligible for free admission to participating Denver and Boulder area institutions through the Library’s Museum & Experience Pass program.
What is Included?
Each reserved pass includes free admission for at least two people (varies by institution). See pass information for details; visit institution websites for hours.
How it Works
- Use the Reserve a Pass button to book any pass (check details for how many visitors may enter on one pass).
- Delete or change a booking - up to 48 hours prior: Select Reserve a Pass, enter your Lafayette Library card number, and click on the My Passes button.
- Within 48 hours: contact us online to cancel a booking.
- All passes must be used on the date shown on the confirmation page.
(Expand for details)
Free admission for three people; two additional guest tickets may be purchased onsite for $5 each
The Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world. Immersive exhibits provide guests the opportunity to discover the wonders of nature's hidden heroes through hands on, interactive experiences catered to all ages.
Location: 6252 W. 104th Ave., Westminster, CO 80020
- Admission to the Pavilion is covered by the Library pass.
- Present your printed or online pass confirmation at the ticket office.
- The pass can only be used on the date included on your printed or digital confirmation.
- Timed entry reservations are no longer required, and the Library pass cannot be used when booking ahead on the Butterfly Pavilion website. If you do wish to book your entry in advance, make your pass reservation through our system, and then call 720-531-9364 to inquire about reserving a time slot.
Requirements: Masks are optional.
Hours: Open daily 9am-5pm. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Closes at 1pm on Christmas Eve, and opens at 11am on New Year's Day.
Website: Butterfly Pavilion
Free weekday access for one person up to four times per year
Location: 75 Waneka Parkway, Lafayette, CO 80026
Hours: Typically Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; closed Saturday and Sunday to non-members. Holiday hours may differ.
Website: Confluence SBC
Free admission for a group of up to seven people; special pricing for paid exhibits
From wildlife displays to virtual reality, dinosaurs to space travel, health science to geology, the permanent and rotating interactive exhibits, IMAX movies and planetarium shows, the DMNS offers visitors unique and fun ways to learn about science, history, and the natural world.
Location: 2001 Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO 80205
- Admission to the Museum is covered by the Library pass; however, the Museum itself and many temporary exhibitions may require an additional paid, timed ticket for entry to that exhibition.
- After you book your pass through the Library, you do not need to contact the museum to set up your visit. On the day of your visit, check in at the Ticketing Desk upon arrival at the Museum and present your pass for entry. There is a timed entry every 20 minutes.
- The IMAX and Planetarium are open; advance purchase is recommended. Please call 303-370-6306 or visit the website to purchase tickets.
Requirements: Masks are encouraged. All guests are required to have a timed ticket for entry into the Museum.
Hours: Closed December 25; Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, most Fridays 9am-9pm, Saturday/Sunday 9am-5pm.
Website: Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Exchange pass for up to four tickets to educational programming on available days
Located on the CU-Boulder campus, the Fiske planetarium offers full-dome films, star talks, live talks, laser and liquid sky shows, concerts, and special live events, as well as hosting large public gatherings during astronomical and NASA-related events.
Location: 2414 Regent Drive, Boulder, CO 80309
Hours: Visit website for hours and restrictions; only certain shows are included in the pass.
Website: Fiske Planetarium
Free admission for two people (children under 12 always free)
Located in the heart of the Art District on Santa Fe, Museo de las Americas is the premier Latin American art museum in the Rocky Mountain region. The museum is dedicated to educating the community through collecting, preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting the diverse arts and cultures of Latin America, from ancient to contemporary, through innovative exhibitions and programs.
Location: 861 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO
- Admission to the Museum is covered by the Library pass.
- After you book your pass through the Library, head to www.museo.org to reserve your timed tickets. Select what day and time you’d like, then use the code: LafayetteLibrary at checkout for free admission. Questions? Call 303-571-4401.
Requirements: Masks are recommended. Children under 12 do not need a ticket.
Hours: Tuesday-Friday from noon-6pm; Saturday noon-5pm.
Website: Museo de las Americas
Free admission for up to four adults. (Visitors under 18 always receive free admission.)
Located in the LoDo section of Denver, the MCA Denver has multiple galleries and educational/lecture spaces, and rotating contemporary art exhibits.
Location: 1485 Delgany Street, Denver, CO 80202
Special hours and instructions:
- Call museum for special hours; some days are free while some require a pass.
- Timed tickets are not required; the Library pass cannot be used when booking ahead on the MCA Denver website. If you wish to reserve a timed ticket, book your pass on our system, and then call MCA Denver at 303-298-7544: Let the know you will use pass from Lafayette Public Library and would like to reserve your time slot.
- Please visit the website for current seasonal hours of operation.
Requirements: Masks are recommended.
Website: MCA Denver
Parking note: Validated parking is available in the parking garage across 15th Street for $7 for two hours; validation is available at the museum front desk. After 4pm and on weekends, parking is a flat rate of $7. Limited meter parking available on Delgany Street.
One free adult and one free child general admission, once per year per card (infants under one always receive free admission).
WOW! Children’s Museum's vision is to provide exceptional play-based learning for the diverse families of our communities – inspiring all families to nurture their children’s curiosity and spark a lifelong love of learning. WOW! Children’s Museum hosts a variety of art, science, dramatic play, and outdoor and practical life exhibits designed for children ages 0-8 years.
Location: 110 N. Harrison Avenue, Lafayette, CO 80026
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday: 9am-noon and 1-4:30pm. Closed Sundays, Mondays, and on major holidays.
Website: WOW! Museum