Residential Waste Collection Services
City of Lafayette Garbage, Recycle, and Compost Program
The City of Lafayette has partnered with Republic Services to provide curbside solid waste collection for residents.
As of Oct. 1, 2022, residents who are a part of the City Three Cart Program will receive:
- Weekly compost collection
- One free compost cart exchange annually; if requested more often, an additional fee will apply.
- Continued collection of recycling every other week
- A new rate structure: Your monthly rate depends on your garbage cart size; the rate includes recycling and compost collection service.
- More cart size choices for recycling and compost carts: 32-, 64-, or 96-gallon.
Are you part of a homeowner association looking to join the City program? Please visit our Three Cart Program page for more information.
If your trash, recycling or compost container was not picked up on your usual day, please inform them of the missed collection within 24 hours for prompt recovery. The quickest way to get a response and get your container collected is to give Republic Services a call at 303-286-2400.
You can also fill out Republic Services' form on their website.
Extra material tags can be purchased at Lafayette City Hall or by calling 303-665-5588, option 1. Bags without stickers will not be collected.
Undecorated, unflocked, and natural Christmas trees up to 4 feet in length will be collected during the months of January–March. Simply place your 4-foot tree by your compost cart and it will be collected. You may cut your tree to fit the size requirements.
Residential Garbage, Recycle, and Compost Collection Fees
Residential rates are effective Oct. 1, 2022 through Dec. 31, 2023.
Weekly Garbage Collection
Total Monthly Charge
|Extra garbage cart||$8|
|Extra material tag||$4|
Please note: compost and recycle service are included in the garbage rate. You can choose which size of each cart you would like (32-, 64-, or 96-gallon).
Weekly Compost Collection
96- gallon cart (smaller sizes available)
|Extra compost cart||$3.50|
|Extra material tag||$4|
Every-Other-Week Recycle Collection
96-gallon cart (smaller sizes available)
|Extra recycle cart||$3.50|
Mattress or box spring
|Sofa, chairs, or furniture||$25|
|Large household appliances||$35|
*Residents receive one free bulk item collection per quarter: must schedule with Republic Services customer service.
To dispose of freon container appliances, such as a refrigerator, freezer, or air conditioner, please contact Eco-Cycle CHaRM: Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials, 303-444-6634, 6400 Arapahoe Road, Boulder, CO 80303.
Waste collection prices for Lafayette residents will include the following:
- Annual bulky item cleanup
- One curbside bulk item pickup once a year (in addition to the free quarterly bulk pickup currently offered)
- Compost giveaway event
- Leaf and branch curbside pickup program every spring and fall
- Hard-to-Recycle event
- Newsletter mailed out with upcoming events, tips, and news.
For details and dates, please contact Republic Services at 303-286-2400.