Right-of-Way Information

Contractors and others planning to work in the city right-of-way must adhere to the following:

  • Contractor must provide proof of a valid Contractor License (Special Contractor License) from the Planning & Building Department.
  • Contractor must complete all sections of Right-of-Way Permit.
  • Contractor must provide proof of a $5,000 Street-Cut Bond (Original to be submitted to Finance Department).
  • Include a Traffic Control Plan (TCP or MHT) signed by a Certified Traffic Control Supervisor.
  • Include documentation showing Cost of Materials.
  • All sub-contractors working on the project must be listed on the permit and also hold a valid City of Lafayette Special Contractor License and provide proof of a valid $5,000 Bond.
  • Permits can be paid for over the phone by calling the Finance Department at 303-665-5588 Option 1- Water and Utility Billing.

Construction Permits

All construction projects which disturb an acre or more of soil or less than an acre, but are part of a larger common plan of development require:

Building permit

To complete the application for a permit, the applicant must provide:

  • A copy of the construction certification to discharge issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
  • A grading and erosion control plan
  • A narrative description of the Storm Water Management Plan for the project;
  • Cash escrow or an LOC for 125% of the cost to comply with this plan.
  • Grading and erosion control permit from the City of Lafayette

A signed permit will be issued upon the City's approval of your application.

Additional Information

Need to schedule a locate? Call 811.