Group Swim Lessons
Our group swim lessons have low student to teacher ratios and are taught by Red Cross Certified instructors. With sessions running year-round, right now is the best time to take the plunge into group lessons!
We offer the following type of Youth Swim Lessons:
- Aqua Baby (ages 6-24 months): Develop a high comfort level in the water while at the same time training parents in water safety, and drowning prevention. Pre-requisite: One parent must be in the water with each child. Swim diapers required.
- Aqua Tots (ages 24-36 months): Students will learn to float, blow bubbles, put their face in water independently and will be introduced to deeper water. Pre-requisite: One parent must be in the water with each child. Swim diapers required.
- Dolphin (ages 3-5 years)
- Dolphin 1 Goals: To be in a class setting and go under water independently. Students will learn to float, control breath underwater, and move forward in the water. Pre-requisite: Child must be ready to participate in a group setting.
- Dolphin 2 Goals: Learn front crawl stroke with breathing and being comfortable in deep water. Pre-requisite: Independently floating on front and back, and forward movement through the water.
- Dolphin 3 Goals: Improve strokes, endurance, basic dives, and comfort level in deep water. Pre-requisite: Swim 15 yards with coordinated arm and leg movement.
- Levels 1-6 (ages 6 plus)
- Level 1 Goals: Being in a class setting and going underwater independently. Pre-requisite: Child must be ready to participate in a group setting.
- Level 2 Goals: Floating, Breath control underwater, and forward movement in the water. Pre-requisite: Going underwater without hesitation.
- Level 3 Goals: Front crawl, deep water adjustment, treading water. Pre-requisite: Independent forward movement through the water.
- Level 4 Goals: Stroke work for four competitive strokes, plus sidestroke, elementary backstroke, and underwater swimming. Pre-requisite: Swim 15 yards of front crawl with breathing.
- Level 5 Goals: Increase swimming efficiency and distance. Pre-requisite: Swim 25 yards front crawl with breathing, breaststroke, and elementary backstroke.
- Level 6 Goals: Increase swimming efficiency and distance. Pre-requisite: Swim 25 yards front crawl with
breathing, breaststroke, and elementary backstroke.
- In-person registrations will also be taken at the Bob Burger Recreation Center.
- Payment may be made using: cash, check or credit. Your registration form must be filled out prior to coming in to the Bob Burger Recreation Center.
- Please make sure to adhere to all Covid health guidelines when dropping off your form and payment: masks must be worn inside public facilities, maintain at least 6' of physical distance from others.
- Click here to download the registration form.
If you have any questions regarding our swim lessons please contact our Swim Lesson Coordinator, Katie Haldeman.