General Pool Policies/Procedures
We want you to have FUN at the pools and aquatic areas maintained by Lafayette Recreation. Please follow the rules below to ensure the best time possible!
Rose Lueras Pool at the Bob Burger Recreation Center:
- Children of diaper wearing age must wear a swim diaper or have bottoms with elastic legs and waist. Please do not use regular diapers. Swim diapers are for sale at the front desk.
- Children under 15 years of age must be directly supervised in the hot tub, steam room, and sauna. Please consult your physician for infants in these areas.
- Children under 6 years of age must be in arms reach of someone 13 years of age or older at all times.
- Diving permitted in designated areas only. No diving allowed in water less than five feet.
- Proper swim attire required, no street clothes.
- The rope swing and AquaArch® wall features are available during open swim hours. Contact the head lifeguard for availability and rules.
- These rules are not inclusive. Please be aware that there is always a head lifeguard on duty for more information on rules or to answer any questions or concerns.
- Please follow directions of lifeguards and staff to ensure a safe visit.
- Socializing with or distracting pool staff is prohibited.
- No diving in water less than 10 feet.
- Running is not permitted in the pool area.
- Glass containers are strictly prohibited.
- Regular diapers are not allowed. Swim Diapers only.
- All patrons must wear appropriate swim attire while in the water. Clothing such as cut off shorts, gym shorts, and underwear are not permitted as swim wear. No metal buttons or zippers on bathing suits.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the water.
- Tubes are only permitted in the river. Kick boards and pull buoys are for lap swim only.
- All swimmers five years and under must wear an appropriate wrist band and be within arm’s reach of a responsible patron 16 years or older while in the water.
- Tobacco products are not permitted anywhere on the premises of the Great Outdoors Warepark.
- Alcoholic beverages and drugs are not permitted. Patrons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the Great Outdoors Waterpark.
- Any injury occurring in the waterpark must be reported to a staff member of pool supervisor immediately.
- Patrons assume all rise of injury due to misuse of equipment to failure to follow posted rules.
- Rules applicable to specific bodies or water or equipment are posted on-site.
- Click here to view our Poor Weather (Rain Check) Policies
- Private watercraft, including boats and paddleboards, are not allowed on Waneka Lake in order to prevent the introduction or spread of aquatic nuisance species.
- You must be 12 years or older to rent a boat.
- A photo ID is required.
- Passengers are required to wear the provided lifejackets at all times.
- No swimming or wading due to safety and liability concerns.
- Vessels rented at the boathouse are the only vessels permitted on the lake.
- A fishing license is mandatory for those 16 years of age and older.
- State fishing regulations apply Purchase a fishing license.
- The lake is stocked with bluegill, carp, crappie, largemouth and smallmouth bass, pumpkinseed sunfish and yellow perch.
- All bass less than 15 inches must be returned to the water.
- Boat Rental Fees:
- 2-Person Paddleboat: $8/30 minutes;
- 4-Person Paddleboat: $10/30 minutes;
- Canoes: $5/30 minutes;
- Kayak; 1 or 2 person: $8.00/30 minutes;
- Stand-up Paddleboard: $10.00/30 minutes;
- Fleet Rental $100/hr: Fleet Rental Includes 4 paddleboats & 2 canoes and requires reservations. Reserve online by clicking here.
- Weather Policy: During inclement weather, the boathouse could close without advanced notice.
Weather that impacts the boathouse operation includes lightning, high winds, heavy rain or hail.
If the weather seems questionable, please call the boathouse at 303-673-9124.