Join the Waste Reduction Advisory Board! To apply, read the position information on this page, and submit your application, resume, and a letter of interest.
- Deadline: None.
- Applications will generally be accepted at any time and will be considered by the entire Advisory Committee when there is a vacancy. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Apply online now (resume/letter will need to be in PDF format to upload)
- Or, download the printable application: return it, along with your resume and letter, to Elizabeth Szorad, Sustainability Coordinator Lafayette City Hall 1290 S. Public Road Lafayette, Co 80026
The Waste Reduction Advisory Committee is appointed by City Council to promote waste reduction and zero waste awareness and programs in Lafayette. The committee reviews and recommends waste reduction programs to the City Council and promotes a variety of zero waste programs throughout the city aimed at reducing waste through conservation awareness, conscious consumption and community solutions aimed at sustainability.
- The seven members serve four-year terms. There are two alternate positions.
- Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm at the Lafayette Library.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
Successful candidates should have a genuine interest in waste reduction, zero waste and consumer impact on the environment. Professional experience is not required.
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Szorad, Staff Liaison (Sustainability Coordinator), phone: 303-661-1230.
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online after the deadline for a position has passed. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.
View redacted applications for recently closed positions (as available)