The Collective ~ Community Arts Center
Finding Center in Home: Mixed Media by Melanie Yazzie
I believe we’ve all been trying to find our center in home this year. At times it feels like we are trapped but it other times we are cocooning and healing memories and thoughts from within. That’s what I have been doing. I feel like this past year has been a time of contemplation and inner growth. Often times filled with pain of losing people the pain of things that are happening in the world but being home and find center in home helps heal us. -Melanie Yazzie
Additional events related to this exhibit:
- Visit lafayetteco.gov/Activities to find out more about take home activities or sign up for other happenings at The Collective.
- FOURTEENERS Portraits by Mike Wilson
- The Artist's Spirit: Karen Andrews Retrospective
- One Wild & Precious Life Watercolors of endangered species by Honora Wolfe
- Latino Legacy and the Lafayette Swimming Pool: A glimpse into Lafayette History
- An exhibition uncovering a difficult moment in Lafayette's history and the emergence of a heroic leader of our Latino community. Shown in conjunction with the Latinos of Lafayette Photo Exhibit. Shown at the Collective September 4-November 8, 2020.
- More about Rose Lueras and her story.
- View the exhibit from your computer
- Book list with additional resources
- Video in English
- Video en Español
Collective Community Arts Center
The staff at The Collective are pleased to welcome people back to The Collective. Please follow our safety precautions.
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 10am–5pm
- Wednesday 10am-5pm
- Thursday 10am-5pm
- Friday 10am–7pm
- Saturday 10am–5pm
- Sunday noon–5pm
COVID Safety Precautions:
- Fully vaccinated people are welcome to enter without face coverings.
Please be respectful, and let’s all be kind to each other! Thank you.
Fully vaccinated means that your are two weeks out from your second round of
vaccination. (In accordance with the Boulder County Mask Ordinance.)
Personas completamente vacunadas son bienvenidas sin cubrebocas.
Porfavor sea respetuoso y ¡seamos amables entre nosotros! Gracias*
Completamente vacunado significa que lleva dos semanas desde que recibió su segunda
dosis de la vacuna. (En acuerdo con la Orden de Cubrebocas del Condado de Boulder.)
Art & Culture at HOME
Please visit our Activities Page for Art & Culture to access while SAFE at HOME.
Historic neon sign replica installed at The Collective
December marked the latest historic pursuit in Old Town with the installation of an updated version of an iconic neon sign that once hung at 201 N. Public Road. Efforts to further recapture the full impact of the building’s historic façade by incorporating a replica of the “Coors on Tap” neon sign came to fruition this winter. The Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority commissioned the reproduction sign with a twist, one that incorporated the words “Arts on Tap” to creatively promote the new community arts center.
The Collective Community Arts Center blends the City's commitment to honoring Lafayette's past while moving into the future. The Collective houses the Arts and Cultural Resources Department.
At The Collective, visitors engage in the arts through various exhibits, historic displays, networking opportunities, arts business development, social themes, lectures, film series, and other arts & culture programs. Visitors come together to express and celebrate the community's identity through art.