Computer Lab & Equipment
- Our public computers are on the Lobby level, to your left as you enter (past the service desks).
- Library cards and computer use cards are free. Children and teens do not need an adult present to obtain a computer-only card.
- Colorado residents must obtain their own computer-only or borrowing card; out-of-state residents may ask for a guest pass.
- If you need to leave your computer, lock your station using your on-screen session toolbar.
- During our phased reopening, sessions are first come, first served, and last one hour without the ability to extend a session. We anticipate returning to longer sessions later in 2021.
- Save your work. Library staff cannot retrieve lost files. Memory drives are available to purchase for $3.50.
- Users must adhere to the Internet Policy and Acceptable Use Guidelines as well as to the Library Code of Conduct.
- You must use your own card or guess pass; use of another person’s card will result in termination of your computer session.
- The Lobby Computer Lab is for adults 17 or older; younger children are permitted when accompanied by an adult who remains in the lab. Children under 17 must request a guest pass as youth card numbers will not work in the lab. Additional computers for children and teens only are located on the top level in the Kid Zone and Teen Zone.
- Viewing of material inappropriate for a public place will result in a termination of your computer session and could result in a longer ban from computer use.
Computer Area Expectations
- During our phased reopening, our Computer Coach volunteer program is on hold. Staff can only provide basic help with computer skills, ereaders, and other technology issues.
- No more than two people per computer
- No food at the computers; COVERED drinks allowed
- Headphones are not available; earbuds are available for purchase. Use headphones at a volume that is not disruptive to others.
- Consider the people around you; please keep conversations and telephone calls quiet.
- During our phased reopening, you may print up to 20 pages per day in black and white or color.
- For additional prints, you may add money to your Library card at the Computer Lab service desk or Circulation desk. B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- To scan, you may use either the scan station or the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Scanning with either machine is free.
- To make copies, use the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Copies are 10 cents/page.
- NO FAX MACHINE (Staff can suggest other locations with this service.)
- Flash drives for saving work can be purchased for $3.50.
- Enlarger for magnifying printed reading material is located upstairs near the vending machine
- Launchpad tablets (with preloaded games and apps) are available for checkout.
- Microfilm reader is located in the Nonfiction area in the Archives: ask staff for assistance
- Vending machine with drinks and snacks is located on the top level near the Adult Services desk.
- Public phone is located on the top level next to the vending machine.
- Use your own device; no password required.
- Connect to Lafayette Public Library Guest; launch browser window; accept terms and conditions.
- LPL does not provide security or virus protection.
- LPL is not responsible for damages due to incorrect or insufficient security or virus protection settings.
- A laptop and device charging counter is located on the top level near the vending machine.
Wireless printing is available from your own computer or mobile device. You must be hooked up to the Library’s WiFi (with terms accepted) in order to print, even if you have cellular data.
- B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- Send your documents to a printer: 1st Floor or 2nd Floor Wireless.
- Pay for and pick up your prints from the staff person at the service desk on the level with the printer you selected.
- Get help with wireless printing