Loan Periods and Limits
- Three weeks: Books, DVDs (multiple-disc), Books on CD, Children’s Book Kits, Launchpad Tablets, Magazines, Graphic Novels
- One week: DVDS (single-disc), State Park Passes
- Eight weeks: Book Group to Go Bags
- Limits: Patrons may have 99 items checked out (maximum 10 DVDs)
- Partner libraries borrowing details
Borrowing from Other Libraries
- The Lafayette Public Library is a member of the Marmot Library Network. View Borrowing FAQs. Our local-area partner libraries are Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville, and Loveland.
- Most items from Lafayette and partner libraries renew automatically (up to two additional times) when no other patron has requested them.
- Lafayette Lucky Day items (and select items from partner libraries) do not renew.
Fees and Charges
- No fines for overdue items (as of January 1, 2020).
- Items not returned, or damaged, incur replacement charges. (We do not accept a duplicate item as a replacement.)
- Two weeks after an item is due: account is blocked until item is returned or replacement cost paid
- Four weeks after an item is due: replacement cost is added to patron account and patron is notified
- Eight weeks after an item is due: outstanding accounts of $25 or more sent to collection agency, and an additional $10 processing fee is added to the patron account
- Partner libraries: fee details
- How to pay:
- at the front desk with cash, credit card, or check
- by phone with a credit card: call 303-665-1161
- by mail with a check: Lafayette Public Library, 775 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette, CO 80026
Returning Library Materials
- There are outdoor book drops to return items, located in the parking lot. These are typically open 24 hours, but are LOCKED when the Library will be closed for a holiday or other reason.
- There is an indoor book return slot on your right when you enter the lobby (during Library hours)
You may use the book drops to return all of the following Lafayette, Partner, or Prospector items: books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and magazines. (Items from any of these libraries will be checked in at the library where they are returned and delivered back to their home library.)
Return the following to the Lobby Circulation Desk:
- Book Group to Go kits, Children’s Book Kits
- Power Meters, Launchpad Tablets
- State Park Pass backpacks
- Explorer backpacks