Park Shelter Rentals
Shelters are available to rent from March through October. To reserve a shelter, please make reservations two or more days in advance of the reservation date. Payment is due at the time of reservation request.
Reservations for shelter rentals
You can make reservations by coming into the Bob L. Burger Recreation center and asking our friendly staff to help you with your reservation or use our online reservation system. For online reservations, select one of the “Reserve Now” buttons. You will be directed to the reservation page where you can enter the date you are looking for, then select 'search.'
For questions, please call the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center at 303-665-0469.
The City of Lafayette only allows City-sponsored special events at these parks. Please call the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center at 303-665-0469 to discuss any special events at these locations.
Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day Weekend (peak season)
Park Shelter Name Timeblock Fee per time block All Day Fee Capacity Waneka Park East 9am-noon, 1-4pm, 5-8pm $40 $120 75 Waneka Park West 9am-noon, 1-4pm, 5-8pm $40 $120 75 Waneka East & West 9am-noon, 1-4pm, 5-8pm $80 $240 150 Lamont Does Park 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 $90 150 Whitetail Park North 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $40 $80 25 Whitetail Park South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 $120 50 Whitetail North & South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm
March - Friday before Memorial Day & Day after Labor Day - Halloween (off-peak season)
Park Shelter Name Timeblock Fee per time block All Day Fee Capacity Waneka Park East 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 $90 75 Waneka Park West 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 $90 75 Waneka East & West 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $120 $180 150 Lamont Does Park 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 $90 150 Whitetail Park North 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $40 $80 25 Whitetail Park South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 $120 50 Whitetail North & South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $100 $200 75
Alcohol Permit - $25
- Required for serving alcohol to legal drinking age members of your event
- To obtain an alcohol permit, check the box for "Are you serving alcohol?" when completing your shelter reservation. If reserving multiple time blocks, check this box only ONCE during the reservation process.
Noise Permits - no longer required
- Special approval must be received for items such as bounce houses, food trucks, dunk tanks, hot air balloons, any kind of carnival setup, carnival games or activities, catering services, use of tents, awnings and rented shelters, port-a-lets, etc. A written request must be submitted to the Recreation Department to Matt Kamhi. If prior approval has not been received the damage deposit will automatically be assessed.
- Shelters are not sanitized. Patrons must take personal hygiene precautions. If you or a family member are not feeling well please stay home.
- All parks open at 6am and close at 10pm daily.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted in any park.
- Containers of alcoholic beverages in any park or recreation facility are prohibited unless the person or party acquires a special use permit. Alcohol permits are only available when renting Park Shelters. If you have indicated you are serving alcohol during your application, an alcohol permit will be added to your reservation.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted outside the designated parking areas of any park or recreation facility.
- Littering is prohibited in any park or recreation facility. Please use the trash receptacles provided. If trash is not cleaned up after an event the damage deposit will not be refunded. Notification will be sent if the deposit is withheld. (If you think your party will have a large amount of trash or recycling, please bring an extra bag and haul out your excess).
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while in any park or recreation facility.
- Horses are not permitted in parks or on trails unless otherwise designated.
- Fires are permitted in areas only where grills are provided.
- Persons or parties possessing a valid permit have priority for using the sheltered picnic areas only. This permit in no way constitutes exclusive use of all park amenities. Permits must be available for inspection at all times.
- It is unlawful for any person(s) other than City personnel to solicit, sell or offer any article, product, or service in any park without prior approval, permit or contract from the City.
- Firearms are not permitted in any park or recreation facility.
- Violation of any of the above rules and regulations is subject to a minimum fine of $10 and a maximum fine of $300.
Call the Lafayette Police non-emergency number at 303-665-5571, if a park shelter will not be vacated during your permitted time.
PLEASE NOTE the following special considerations and requirements for Shelter Rentals:
WANEKA LAKE: There are three shelters at Waneka Lake. One shelter cannot be reserved. This shelter has a blue roof and is located between the boathouse and parking lot. The blue-roof shelter is for first-come, first-serve use and cannot be used in conjunction with a reservation of either or both of the shelters that can be reserved.
CATERING: Food must be carried in (not wheeled or dragged) from the parking lot. Driving up to the structure to unload is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If using a large BBQ, it must be parked in a single space in the parking lot. Any open flame, BBQ grills, or burners to keep food hot must be kept on the cement pad under the shelter.
FOOD TRUCKS: Can use only one parking space and serve your party (no sales to non-party park users). The food truck must have its City of Lafayette Sales Tax License on display.
VOLLEYBALL/TENTS: If staking anything in the ground (volleyball net, croquet) please make sure that it is not next to a sprinkler head and does not go deeper than 6 inches or you will pierce the irrigation system.
BOUNCE HOUSES: Require a certificate of insurance from the rental company listing the City of Lafayette as additionally insured with a minimum of $1 million combined liability coverage. Bounce houses cannot be larger than 15x15 and must be located in the parking lot. Please call 303-661-1467 for more information.
ELECTRICAL: Shelters have GFI outlets. If they are not working, please try pressing the small button to reset the plugs. Electricity is on during the shelter season, March through October.
I rented a shelter and wondered if I could set up a large tent for a wedding, special event, etc.
Our parks are not suited for large special events. Large tents are not allowed, and when you reserve a shelter, you have reserved the space of the shelter only- not any other space in the park. This is to keep our busy parks accessible to all residents while still allowing a reservable space.
Is the park a good place to have a large event that I am advertising and cannot control attendance?
There are capacity limits for each park shelter that allow the maximum amount of people to enjoy a reservable space. If you cannot guarantee that your gathering will have less than that capacity, a park shelter rental is not a good choice for your event.
Can I rent a park shelter for an event where I am charging registration or somehow making money?
Business of any kind is prohibited in Lafayette parks unless permission is otherwise granted. Parks shelter rentals are intended for gatherings of friends, family, or residents who are coming together without the expectation of a fee or compensation for their attendance.
Can my non-profit use the park shelter for free or reduced-cost?
Our shelter reservation fees are designed to be as non-prohibitive as possible, and we do not offer a non-profit rate.
If someone hasn't reserved the shelter before or after me, can I go early to set up or stay beyond my reservation?
The shelter is first-come, first-serve, unless otherwise reserved. You can come early or stay after your reservation if the space is not being used or reserved. Please note that your permit is posted at the site. If someone is using the shelter during your reservation time, you should ask the people to leave. The non-emergency Police Department number is available for assistance. This situation does not qualify for a refund.
I have a reservation that starts at 5pm, but I would like to set up at 4pm. Can I ask people to leave a shelter if they are there when I come to set up?
The shelter is reserved for you at the time you have rented. If you need additional setup or breakdown time, it is highly recommended you reserve the time that will allow you to complete the process as needed. A reservation does not give you the right to ask anyone to vacate a shelter outside of the time you have reserved the shelter.
Do I need to bring a copy of my permit? Will you post a copy of my permit?
Reservations are posted on the park shelters for the day the reservation is occurring. You can, but do not have to, bring your reservation permit/receipt.
- Cancellations more than two weeks ahead of time will receive a full refund less a $25 cancellation fee
- Cancellations less than two weeks ahead of time are not eligible for a refund, including cancellations due to anticipated weather conditions
- Park shelters do not close due to real or impending inclement weather; therefore, no refunds will be issued due to weather
Your permit is posted at the site. If people are using the shelter during your permitted time, please ask them to leave. The Police Department's non-emergency number (303-441-4444) is available for assistance. This situation does not qualify for a refund.
- Rescheduling is subject to availability and the applicable cancellations fees
- Refunds may take up to two weeks to be processed
- Cancellations of this reservation can be completed by calling Matt at 303-661-1483, or in person at the Bob Burger Recreation Center at 111 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette CO 80026