- City Departments
- Events & Programs
- Book Discussions & Groups
- Book Group Information
Library-Sponsored Book Discussion Groups
- Teen Library Club (formerly Teen Collection Connection) volunteers meet monthly to discuss and recommend books and more.
- LafayetteREADS, our quarterly community reading program, is currently paused.
- Sign up (or unsubscribe) for the email list about upcoming Library-sponsored book talks or author events.
What are they Reading?
- See what has been being discussed or recommended in the past by LafayetteREADs!, The UnBook Club, and the TLC (formerly TCC).
Independent Book Groups
These groups meet at the Library or other community locations and are open to the public. New members are welcome.
More details about groups, including Library meeting dates, can be found on the Library Book Group Calendar or by clicking on the name of the group in the chart below.
Questions? Call or email the contact person listed below. (Library staff is not able to answer questions on behalf of independent groups.)
|Last Word Book Club||Library||Monthly: First Wednesday at 11:30am||Ruth, 913-269-5804|
|Newcomer's Book Club||Library||Monthly: First Wednesday at 10am||Jenny, 217-494-9054|
|Books & Brews||Odd13 Brewing Company||Monthly: Third Thursday at 7pm||Sara, 303-868-0654|
|FI Book Club||Library||Monthly: Fourth Thursday at 6pm||Bradon|
Start a New Group
- Meet at the Library!
- Book groups are independently run; the Library cannot provide staff assistance for book groups.
- Groups open to the public may use the Library Conference room (capacity: 20) free of charge.
- Groups closed to the public are welcome, and may rent the Conference room for $20/hr.
- If you have no need of Library space, you may still take advantage of the resources listed below.
- Complete the interest form if you would like your group to meet at the Library
Resources for any Book Clubs
- Book Group to Go Kits. Each kit contain 10 copies of a title, discussion questions, author information, and more great ideas for your group. Groups do not have to meet at the Library to check out the kits. Check-out time for the kits is typically 6 weeks (verify with staff when you check out!).
- Colorado State Library Book Group Resource: fantastic free service with a frequently updated website with ideas for titles and kits available to borrow.