Policies are formally adopted by the Library Board and reviewed periodically. If you have questions about Lafayette Library policies, please contact the Library Director.
- Archives Policy Statement
- Authorization for Library Director to Implement and Modify Rules and Procedures for Library During COVID-19
- Collection Development Policy
- Internet Policy and Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Guidelines for Hanging Artwork
- Request for Reconsideration Form
- Makerspace Policy
- Makerspace Acknowledgment of Risk Release
- Meeting Room Policy
- Security Camera Policy
- Solicitation Policy
Who are we?
The Lafayette Public Library brings community, information, and ideas together to inspire literacy, learning, and discovery.
Where are we going?
Lafayette Public Library is at the heart of our thriving city. In partnership with others, we will build and foster a community that:
- Values learning
- Provides people opportunities to support their personal growth
- Nurtures creativity, exploration and discovery
- Values and honors our diverse community
What do we believe in?
Access for all: We provide universal access to library resources, programs and facilities.
Community building: We develop positive relationships with our members and actively engage in partnerships and collaborations with other organizations.
Adaptation and innovation: We adapt to the changing needs of our community and encourage innovation in new technologies, programs and services.
Intellectual freedom, privacy and confidentiality: We believe that every individual has the right to seek, receive, hold and disseminate any and all information and ideas. We protect the personal privacy and confidentiality of library users.
Literacy: We support and provide opportunities for staff and our community to learn, understand, interpret and communicate using a variety of library resources.
Lifelong learning: We commit to providing opportunities to activate minds and develop new skills at all ages and stages of life.