Lafayette History & Photos
Local History Resources
The Archives at Lafayette Public Library is a rich source of local history.
Online Subscription Tools
Use Ancestry, MyHeritage and other Library tools to research family history online. Get started on our Genealogy Resources page.
Archives Drop-In Hours
Drop in to use and explore the Library's Archives with help from a Librarian!
*Please note that hours can change due to staffing or special programs. We encourage you to check the calendar or call 303-661-1163 just ahead of your visit.
Colorado Historic Newspaper Collection
- Lafayette Leader, 1905-1963 (through April 11), 1970-1972
- Lafayette News, 1901-1906
- News Free Press , 1906-1910
- The Erie News, 1903-1907
- Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection home
Plains to Peak Historic Newspapers
- Search across Colorado and Wyoming digital collections
- Or, browse the Wyoming Digital Newspapers Collection
All 50 States and Beyond!
- CHNC now offers some level of online access to historic newspapers from all 50 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Find access to these newspapers, and learn more about this project.
Love history or editing? Members of the public are invited to help improve the searchability of this collection by correcting errors in the text of the digitized newspapers. Learn more
The Library is currently working on a project to digitize our oral history cassette tapes and make them available on our website. Stay tuned!
Lafayette History MuseumStep into the past - visit this fascinating museum (formerly the Miners Museum) at108 Simpson St. in Lafayette, Colorado.
Boulder County Latino HistoryThe Boulder County Latino History Projectexplores the history and involvement of Latinosin Boulder County, Colorado.
The Carnegie Library collects written, visual, and audible materials relating to the history of Boulder County with a special emphasis on the City of Boulder.
Louisville Historical Museum
The Louisville Historical Museum is dedicated to protecting artifacts and documents of historical value pertaining to the history of Louisville, with a special emphasis on the coal mining period, 1877-1955.